Friday, March 23, 2007

Does anyone REALLY work at Wal-Mart??


I have been noticing a trend lately. A very baaaad trend. Is it just me or do you find more often than not, that you wind up paying good, hard-earned money for someone to be rude to you?
Went to Wal-Mart....(ever notice that a great many of these stories begin with those exact words?) Anyhow, my husband and I went to purchase a gun because we live in the country and we would like to continue living.............in the country. (My husband is a city boy.) So we stood at the counter for a good five minutes and I look over my shoulder and glared down a couple of navy shirts having their own version of a staff meeting and the "lady" must have felt the daggers I had locked on her throat and asked if she could "HELP" us. Well we all know what that means. ( can I get the idiot that really works this area, that knows as little or less than I do about what you need.) I asked if there was someone working at this gun counter? She responds with a resounding "yeah". Mind you this is not some teenie bopper popping her gum at me and wearing an I Luuuv Justin Timberlake stamp on her forehead. This woman was in her forties or fifties. (that would be kind). Then she just looked at me............with that "I work a Wally World and I am so afraid I am going to be asked to do something oh no!!!!!!!!!"look on her face. She said nothing else. So in case you got lost

ME:Is anyone working in this area?

WWLady: yeah

ME: Who?

WWLady: ME?!&? (smart ass look on face)

I left highly perturbed, but not without speaking to the 21 year old phrat boy who was the manager first.

I guess what I really want to know is....DOES ANYONE REALLY WORK AT WAL
-MART?????

No comments: